[Histonet] Tissue Proccessing HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie G Emmanuel jgemmanual <@t> wlgore.com
Wed Dec 14 09:24:17 CST 2005

Jesus:

I agree with Anne Van Binsbergen re the VIP5.  I quote her:  "The 'latch'
of the VIP cannot be 'loose' - the retort has a safety
mechanism - it wont process if it 'leaks' - perhaps the rubber gasket
was not snug in its housing (whoever last used/cleaned machine should
check)".

I just bought one and it works great!

"Jesus Ellin" <JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
12/13/2005 06:29 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Tissue Proccessing HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone I have a real problem here, We have just accquired a tissue
proccesor (VIP 5) and found out the hard way like everything in Histology,
there is a problem with the proccessing.  Our pathologist are claiming
that the small biopsies are coming out cooked,  after reviewing the slide
myself with the pathologist it is not a cooked looked but rather a glassy
look and bubbly.  Later found out that the latch of the tissue proccessor
is not tight enough and is was allowing moisture in and there was a lot of
condensation.  I figured out what was wrong but here is the kicker.

My Pathologist is wanting to take one of the small biopsies that was
proccessed and regress the tissue and then reproccess the small biopsy by
hand instead of throwing it back on the tissue proccessor.  The biopsy is
about .1 mm very tiny.  I need all the help that I can get!!!!!!  So
please fellow histo-netters share the knowledge with me.

Jesus Ellin
Yuma Regional Medical Center