[Histonet] fixation in 70% alcohol

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Dec 8 10:32:25 CST 2005

Fawn,
Working in calcified bone, I often use cold absolute methanol to fix, in our
experience it best preserves the enzymes such as alk.phos. For osteoblasts
and TRAP for osteoclasts as well as the fluorochorme labels which can
sometimes be soluable in aqueous fixatives.  We do not use 70%, we use
absolute at 4dc overnight, after that it can be brought to rt.  I do this
for undecalcified tissue embedded in glycol methacrylate.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.