[Histonet] RE: Anti-DIG peroxidase problem

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Tue Dec 6 13:15:01 CST 2005

   Dear Mikael,

   Reading  your  message  I  have  two  remarks  that might explain your
   strange findings:
    1. The   used   chromogens   are  of  stong  influence to  the  final
       sensitivity/efficiency of a detection system. In your case I guess
       that  with anti-DIG/AP, NBT/BCIP was used which is one of the most
       sensitive/efficient     chromogens     available.    Far    better
       than most peroxidase    chromogens.   Your   remark   you   wasn't
       successful detecting  bio-probes with peroxidase points a bit into
       this  direction.  Have  you  tried  for example TrueBlue or Vector
       NovaRed     as    peroxidase    chromogens.    Both    are    very
       sensitive/efficient!
    2. Obviously  you are not an enthusiastic kit-user (just like me...).
       What did you do in the tyramide amplification step? Especially the
       peroxide concentration should be very very low here, otherwise you
       will get and adverse effect and certainly no amplification!

   Hope this helps.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academic Medical Center M2-230