[Histonet] FISH for HER2 testing

Sebree Linda A. la.sebree <@t> hosp.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 6 12:58:06 CST 2005

Hey Glen, that's way too long.  We send our slides to the State Lab of
Hygiene in Madison and they do FISH Her/2-neu at least twice per week as
far as I know.  Phone number:  (608)265-4604.  A little farther afield,
you might also check into US Labs, (800)710-1800.  We haven't used them
for FISH but we outsource IHC to them and get excellent TAT and quality.

Good luck,

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Clinical & Research Laboratory
DM223-VA
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX:  (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Dawson,
Glen
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:04 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] FISH for HER2 testing

All,

I have a pathologist who is looking for good turn around time on FISH
HER2 testing.  Their current turn around time is 3 weeks and the
clinicians are clamoring for something better.  If anyone knows of a
reference lab that can do good FISH HER2 testing in a timely fashion,
please let me know.

On a side note, has anyone experienced any problems with the Dako FDA
approved HercepTest kit when using it on breast core bx's?  My Docs are
not confident using this kit (especially on our breast cores).  Has
anyone run side by side comparisons between this kit and FISH HER2
testing?

If someone can suggest a good FISH HER2 reference lab, the second set of
questions are moot.

Thank-you In Advance,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager