[Histonet] Control Slides

Poteete, Jacquie A. japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com
Wed Aug 31 08:08:30 CDT 2005

We make all of our control slides, and I review both the patient slides and
the control slides.  I would rather catch a problem before I take the slides
to the pathologist.

Jacquie Poteete MT(ASCP)QIHC
Lead Technologist, IHC Laboratory
Saint Francis Hospital, Tulsa, OK

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin and Chantel Bosewell [mailto:kcboswell <@t> grandecom.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 3:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Control Slides

Hello All,
    Our Pathologist believe control slides which are purchased are bomb
proof and we should process our own.  How does everyone else feel about
this? Oh, and one more question,  when you do any special stain do you
review the patient slide or just the control?  I have been asking around and
I have been getting different answers.  We recently had a false negative on
a GMS for Fungus and this tech does not review the patient slides, in this
case the control slide was positive.  Thank you for any insight.

Chantel Boswell HT (ASCP)
Waco, Tx
Thank you in advance,
Chantel Boswell HT (ASCP)