[Histonet] brain sections lifting

Marshall marshall <@t> cormack.uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 24 05:26:53 CDT 2005

Hi I have a student who is doing fluorescent immunochemistry and has
problems with her sections lifting off her slides. We are using aptes
coated slides but they are still lifting. I have told her to make sure
the sections are as flat as possible when she picks them up from the
waterbath but we still have a problem. She is also leaving them
overnight at 60 degrees. Does anybody have any suggestions. I thought of
using chrome gelatin but I am not sure if this is going to help.
Thanks
Sharon Marshall
Dept. Human Biology
University of Cape Town