[Histonet] Hospital fetus disposition survey

Rogerson Kemlo (ELHT) Pathology Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk
Wed Aug 24 02:38:53 CDT 2005

In the UK Hospitals abortions are limited to I think 24 weeks and I
think it's going to be reduced. Abortions can be carried out later if
the Mother's life is at risk and usually the foetus is vacuumed out; we
would never decapitate.

All such foetuses are cremated or given to the parents for burial;
whatever is there wish. I don't know what happens in the Clinics that
offer these procedures; it would be of interest to know.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of John
Kiernan
Sent: 24 August 2005 06:53
To: Tony Henwood
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; 'chiggerson <@t> memhosp.com'
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Hospital fetus disposition survey

Dear Tony,

The Australian regulations reflect your country's
ethical standards, which are probably the highest in
the world when it comes to recognizing human embryos,
human fetuses and demented adults as human beings.

How do Australian abortionists dispose of their
spoils? In Canada, paid-for abortuses go through
a kitchen-sink garbage masher and then into
the drains. Abortion is legal in Canada right up
to 40 weeks, with the intrauterine decapitation
method. Any Canadian baby can be killed just before
birth at the whim of its mother. The mother must
not be asked for a reason, but she has to pay
the abortionist's fee.

John Kiernan
London, Canada