[Histonet] Fixative for storage of perfused rat organs

Clover Daley DALEY_C <@t> palmer.edu
Thu Aug 18 16:12:12 CDT 2005

I am putting a tissue bank together for research students.
We are currently perfusing with 2% paraformaldehyde and 1%
glutaraldehyde in phosphate buffer to collect tissues for EM studies.
The liver, kidney, stomach, brain will be stored. What fixative and
temperature of solution would be best.
These tissues will be used for light microscopy studies.
Also we will be perfusing with 4% paraformaldehyde in phosphate buffer,
harvesting the same tissues. Should they be stored in the same solution
and do they need to be kept in the refrigerator?

Thank you for your time,
Clover Daley
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research