[Histonet] Fluorescent triple staining

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Wed Aug 17 16:55:16 CDT 2005

If you are doing this all on the same section at the same time, I can see
that you would have trouble using a secondary that is the same species of
one of the primary antibodies.  As for blocking, I use a 5-10% solution of
non-immune serum from the host of the secondary antibodies and I would make
a cocktail of all three.  I use this block before the primary and then again
before the secondary antibody which results in very specific staining
results in my hands.  In my experience non-specific staining or background
staining is usually unwanted binding of the secondary reagent.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.