[Histonet] Fluorescent triple staining

James Watson jwatson <@t> gnf.org
Wed Aug 17 14:42:08 CDT 2005

A coworker is staining with three primary antibodies of the following
species: rabbit, goat, and mouse.  He wants to use a goat anti-rabbit,
rabbit anti-goat, and goat anti-mouse secondary antibodies.  The
questions are, will we get cross reaction between the secondary
antibodies?  What would be the recommended blocking solution? I
recommended that he use secondary antibodies that are not of the same
species of any of the primaries, then we could cocktail the blocking
serums, primary antibodies, and secondary antibodies.  Any other
suggestions?  Thank you.

James Watson HT, ASCP
Facilities Manager of Histology
GNF, Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation
Room C015
858-332-4647
jwatson <@t> gnf.org