[Histonet] fixation of fresh frozen section

Lewis, Sarah LewisS <@t> ccri.net
Wed Aug 3 14:32:00 CDT 2005

I would love more information on this subject.  Thanks in advance!!
Sarah E. Lewis
Histotechnician
Childrens Research
Center for Gene Therapy
700 Childrens Dr Rm WA3112
Columbus OH 43205
(614)-722-2204
LewisS <@t> ccri.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Edmondson David (RBV) NHS Christie Tr
[mailto:David.Edmondson <@t> christie-tr.nwest.nhs.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 12:37 PM
To: Bruijntjes, J.P.
Cc: Histonet (E-mail 2)
Subject: RE: [Histonet] fixation of fresh frozen section

Hi
I recently  heard a presentation where they spoke of Periodate-Lysine-Paraformaldehyde in the context of Frozen sections.   The coagulant fixatives do not alter the proteins chemistry so on might suggest no loss of antigenicity, the "Gold Standard".   But the morphology of PLP is much better.   It is fifteen and more years since I used it myself and maybe a search would be a  quicker way to find the concentrations.   I ahve an email contact if you need to ask him.
David
Christie
Manchester UK