[Histonet] Casp-3 advice

9msm8 <@t> qlink.queensu.ca 9msm8 <@t> qlink.queensu.ca
Wed Aug 3 13:53:35 CDT 2005

Hello Histonet.
I am a student in a lab where histologists are rare to non-existant. I am
working with 5 micrometer thick mouse hippocampal parrafin embedded
sections (I used paraformaldehyde)  and I want to do an
immunohistochemical stain for casp-3. I am using the marker as a detection
for relatively early apoptosis. The QUESTION I am asking is: Should I be
using this method with a fluorescence signal or a horshradish peroxidase
counterstain? Given that I probably will want my analysis to be more of a
qualitative descritpion. What should I be aware of before making my
decision? What are the advantages and disadvantages?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.