[Histonet] Whole Slide Imaging

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Tue Aug 2 15:15:53 CDT 2005

Hi Ben,

For imaging of whole sections up to about 1 cm in length we use a Nikon
microscope with a 1x objective.  For whole imaging of larger sections we use
a Polaroid Sprint Scan slide scanner, which does a great job. It is actually
designed for scanning photographic slides, but has an adaptor which allows
direct scanning of microscope slides at resolutions up to 2500 DPI.  Both
instruments capture images directly to the computer.

Paul M.