[Histonet] Tape transfer sections and IHC

Cory Collins CCollins <@t> propathlab.com
Fri Apr 15 13:35:07 CDT 2005

Anita,

We use a different type of tissue transfer using a substance called quick
mount.  It's a great help because we can  cut the tissue from one slide and
transfer it to numerous other slides for IHC and we get great results.  My
pathologist, Dr. Rodney T. Miller, has written a protocol for this technique
at http://www.ihcworld.com/_books/Technical-IHC.pdf .  If you have any
questions you can e-mail me at ccollins <@t> propathlab.com.

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Anita
Jennings
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:38 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Tape transfer sections and IHC

I had problems with a 'matrix' looking  background and Bernice said they
were working on  a special mounting media. I know she checks the histonet
so hopefully she will answer here.

I am doing hrp IHC on tape transfer sections and I am experiencing a
problem
with unwanted staining on the coating on the polymer coated slides.  Does
anyone else out there do IHC on the tape sections experience this problem?
Please suggest a solution to this.
Thank you,
Patsy