[Histonet] Temp/Humidity Records?

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Fri Apr 15 10:44:50 CDT 2005

This differs from being a waste of time and effort in what way?

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles, Roger [mailto:rcharles <@t> state.pa.us]
Sent: 15 April 2005 16:36
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Temp/Humidity Records?

We went thru this same ordeal a few years ago during our AAVLD
inspection.
I also had the same comments regarding the closed conditions of
automated IHC and how room temp and humidity would have little or any
affect on IHC.  The inspector explained the requirement is justified
when troubleshooting any testing that has somehow been transformed over
time based on your control changes. The data would be used to rule out
the room conditions more then to blame the room conditions as the cause.
Our whole laboratory is now wired to monitor these conditions.

Roger Charles
TSE and IHC Technician
Pa Veterinary Laboratory