[Histonet] flourescent

Satoshi Akima sakima <@t> bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 8 18:57:08 CDT 2005

Hi Renee,

I do confocal microscopy rather than on paraffin sections but I can
tell you this: Try to get a primary conjugated antibody where possible.
The more steps you have, the more steps that can go wrong. It's also
less expensive to get a primary conjugated antibody. Many antibodies
that are made for FACS can also be used for immunofluorescent or
immunohistochemistry.

Toshi Akima
PhD Student
Centre for Transplantation and Renal Research
Westmead Millenium Institute
Sydney, Australia