[Histonet] microtome question

RCHIOVETTI <@t> aol.com RCHIOVETTI <@t> aol.com
Fri Apr 8 15:25:21 CDT 2005

In a message dated 4/8/2005 1:07:44 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Vickroy.Jim <@t> mhsil.com writes:

> we are having
> some problems with the block holders not holding the tissue firm enough
> and therefore the blocks can move and therefore chunk.  We have tried a
> couple of new holders but are experiencing the same problem.

Jim,

You may already have ruled this out, but I wonder if the problem could be in
the knife holder instead of the cassette clamp?  It's strange that you get the
same problem with more than one new specimen holder...nless there was some
kind of manufacturing defect that went undetected, I guess.

My Two Cents' Worth!

Cheers,

Bob

Robert (Bob) Chiovetti, Ph.D.
Independent Consultant for The Science, Technology and Industrial Sectors
132 North Elster Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710-3212 USA
Tel./Fax 520-546-4986
Member, Arizona Small Business Association - ASBA