[Histonet] slides for Ventana

Henry, Charlene Charlene.Henry <@t> STJUDE.ORG
Fri Apr 8 08:46:03 CDT 2005

We also have had trouble with the tissue lifting off of the super frost slides on the Benchmark XT. We use the poly l lysine slides from NewComers and they work great on the Benchmark. I have not lost a single tissue since we started using them. The only problem we had was due to us storing our controls at 4°C and sometimes there was no staining on some of our controls. We now dry all of our slides for 15 minutes before they go on the Benchmark and all work great. We came to the conclusion that the moisture on the slides being pulled from the refrigerator was interfering with the staining process on the Benchmark.

Charlene Henry HT (ASCP), QIHC
Histology/Immunohistochemistry Section Head
Department of Pathology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
901-495-3191
fax 901-495-3100

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Donna M. Nolan
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 5:13 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] slides for Ventana

We have been using the colorfrost slides for a year but have been having trouble with the sections lifting on the Ventana Benchmark.   I thought it might be the way we pick the section up from the water bath but we tried the SurgiPath slides the other day and those sections stayed on just fine.  The SurgiPath slides we purchased seem to hold the specimen better..  We will have to evaluate the staining.    We have tried both slides for H&E staining when the tissue is hard and the SurgiPath usually is the one the tissue stays on.