[Histonet] plus slides

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Apr 7 13:09:41 CDT 2005

For all this is worth, here is my experience with plus slides.  I have
found no differences in tissue attachment in the following brands of
plus slides -

VWR, Fisher, Stat Labs superfrost plus and histobond slides - I would
use any one of these for immuno's without fear of losing my sections.

I have tried Surgipaths snowcoat x-tra and some plus slide that Mercedes
Medical sells (made in China).  In my experience the immuno's I did with
the slides from surgipath and Mercedes medical, the tissue sections fell
of the slides (with both automated and very careful handling of manual
methods)  I would never use those slides for immunos or even fixed
frozen sections.  I cut some fixed tissue for frozen and used surgipaths
snowcoat extra and the sections fell off, but adhered just fine to the
the StatLab histobond slides.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC