[Histonet] automated versus manual for practical(practicaltestingcenters?)

Bill Sinai bills <@t> icpmr.wsahs.nsw.gov.au
Tue Apr 5 16:14:34 CDT 2005

Dear Histonetters,

On of my mentors and probably the Pathologist I learn most pathology from
always said we work in Histopathology.  "Histo" referring to the histotechs
function while "pathology" referred to the Pathologist function, a team
effort?

Bill Sinai
Laboratory Manager
Tissue Pathology, ICPMR
Westmead NSW 2145
Australia
Ph 02 9845 7774

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Weems,
Joyce
Sent: Wednesday, 06 April 2005 5:43 AM
To: Madary, Joseph; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] automated versus manual for
practical(practicaltestingcenters?)

Perhaps its time to stop the practical - do the other disciplines do a
practical? It's all so subjective. I think our problem as a laboratory
science is that we do not make diagnoses - that sets us apart from the
others. And some pathologists have promoted the separation by not respecting
us for how important we are to them. My belief is that a pathologist is only
as good as the tech. Another 2 cents worth.

Joyce

Joyce Weems
Pathology Manager
Saint Joseph's Hospital