[Histonet] florida hurricanes

GREYTRUNK <@t> aol.com GREYTRUNK <@t> aol.com
Thu Sep 30 20:04:04 CDT 2004

Hello everyone.  I know this isn't the venue to post things like this,  but
it is much easier for me to write one email instead of sending  several.
First, I want to say that I am sorry that I was unable to go to  Nationals.  I know
that several of you were counting on me.  Sharon  told me that you were
concerned and asking about me at the  Convention.  Let me say that I am ok.  Not
great, but OK.  I did  get hit by 3 of the 4 hurricanes that went through
Florida these past 6  weeks.  Charley, Francis, and Jeanne all went directly over
the county that  I live in.  Once things started to get taken care of from one
hurricane,  another one would come.  The last one, Jeanne, came around midnight
on  Saturday night and my power didn't come back on until today.  Hopefully
it  will stay on.  There still are thousands of people without homes or  power.
 As of today, the kids have missed 16 days of school already.   It has been
extremely stressful, but I am one of the lucky ones because I still  have a
home.  The news reports that you may have seen do not even come  close to the
destruction here, not even close.  A lot of businesses were  destryoed as well.
But organizations are helping with food, water, ice,  shelter, etc.  And
prayers from everyone help too.  Just keep praying  for all of us in Polk County
Florida......And that you for your concerns.
I will see you next year.
Roxanne Soto