[Histonet] Fixation of bone marrow smears for IHC

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Thu Sep 16 09:25:52 CDT 2004

Help.

I would appreciate some input on fixation of murine bone marrow smears for
future IHC.  We're harvesting smears and femurs this afternoon, and then
I'm going on vacation.
Of course the world stops spinning.
I will potentially stain these smears for B + T cells in a couple of
weeks, and possibly platelets, like CD61.  The bones will be handled in my
absence, but I'm worried about how to fix and store the smears.
Anyone with experience with IHC on bone marrow smears will be handsomely
rewarded.  (Not really, but I'll take whatever I can get.)

Thanks!  My daughter is getting married in a week, and my brain isn't
working right.

Jackie O'