[Histonet] Work load for research labs doing GMA

Macke, Gail gmacke <@t> shrinenet.org
Fri Sep 10 13:06:03 CDT 2004

Dear Histonetters,
      Could some one tell me what is considered the average work load for
cutting GMA blocks.  How many Blocks per year embedded? How many slides cut
per year and stained per year? We use Technovit 7100 for processing and
embedding. We are a Core Research Lab that also does paraffin and frozen
processing and cutting.
       Most of the information I have found relates to Clinical Labs doing
paraffin and frozen work. I haven't found much related to Research Labs.
       Any information would be helpful.
              Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my
questions.
                Gail Macke, HTL
                Shriners Hospital for Children: Shriners Burns Hospital-
Cincinnati
                Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
                Gmacke <@t> Shrinenet.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients.  If you are not the intended recipient, (or
authorized to receive for the recipient) you are hereby notified that you
have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure,
dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all copies
of this communication and any attachments and contact the sender by reply
e-mail or telephone (813) 281-0300.