[Histonet] Re: Question regarding 10% Neutral buffered

John Auld John.Auld <@t> whnt.nhs.uk
Fri Sep 10 10:53:52 CDT 2004

Patsy

It shouldn't make any difference to most immuno stains. The NBF in the EDTA
will continue to act as a fixative and may, just may overfix some Ags, some
will be OK.
I would suspect that 24 hrs primary fixation is insufficient prior to
decalcification anyway, so the use of NBF in EDTA maybe beneficial.
However, if some results have been obtained prior to changing the protocol
it maybe better not to change.

Regards

John

John Auld MSc CSci FIBMS
BMS 4
Dept of Histopathology and Clinical Cytology
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
Upton
Wirral