[Histonet] benzyl benzoate clearing agent

Corazon D. Bucana bucana <@t> audumla.mdacc.tmc.edu
Fri Sep 10 09:49:58 CDT 2004

Thank you for the info.  I heard a talk about confocal microscopy of
embryos immunolabeled for some protein that I can't remember now but the
speaker mentioned benzyl benzoate as a clearing agent after the embryos
were immunolabeled and claims that they are able to create a stack of
optical sections to a depth of 300 microns .  This is quite a feat because
most often we only look at 50-100 microns thick sections.  I wrote the
speaker asking for the procedure but so far I haven't had a response which
is why I thought somebody at the Histonet will have an idea about this agent.
Thanks
Cora Bucana