[Histonet] Tissue transport from processor to embedding station

Maria Christensen mariac <@t> creighton.edu
Thu Sep 9 16:51:27 CDT 2004

Our research lab is doing histology on a limited budget, so we use
reconditioned equipment to keep our costs down.  We recently "moved
up" to a VIP 2000, but use an old  Tissue Tek II embedding center.
My question is, how do I keep the tissue warm between the processor
and the embedding station?  I have the option of purchasing a
paraffin pot (from an old Autotechnicon) and using that filled with
paraffin to transport & keep the cassettes warm until the tissue is
embedded.  Are there any other suggestions?  (My budget for this is
approximately $500-1000, which makes the $200 pot a real
consideration!!)

Maria

Maria A. Christensen
Technical Associate