[Histonet] specificity of Masson's trichrome

Walker/Langdon karrie.langdon <@t> sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 8 22:48:17 CDT 2004

Hi Histonetters,

To clarify my question of the other day:  is it true that Masson's trichrome could potentially stain fibronectin and/or smooth muscle actin, especially if it is being overexpressed?  Is there a histochemical stain for fibronectin?  We have already successfully done IHC,but are trying to reconcile data obtained with a few different approaches.  We are mostly working in lung.

Thanks to those who have already provided ideas!

Carrie Langdon
Dept. of Pathology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario