[Histonet] Resin embedding-bone matrix

Caroline Stott caroline.stott <@t> anatomy.otago.ac.nz
Wed Sep 8 18:55:35 CDT 2004

Sorry, we will probably try with Glycol methacrylate because I've used it
many times and haven't tried Methyl Methacrylate.  But if someone thinks
MMA will be more beneficial?  Or something else?
I was going to try a 90 (2-hydroxymethacrylate) to 10 (2-butoxyethanol)
mix, instead of the normal 88-12 mix.  I am thinking of putting the bone
straight into the promoted mix and skipping the infiltrating.  Just placing
it all in the freezer overnight, then into the fridge the next day to
polymerize.  Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Caroline

Caroline Stott