[Histonet] Thank you!/Plastic in paraffin block.

wen eng weneng2004 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 17:27:18 CDT 2004

Thank you to all who gave me advices on dealing with plastic in paraffin block! The film is called Tegaderm, the product from 3M. I leave the sample in formalin for a longer time. at the same time, as you suggested, I cut a small piece into Xylene. But it is still there the next morning :(. So xylene can not disolve this material. I didn't test it in xylol. When I came back to my samples, I found the film is much easier to be peeled off now after a longer time fixation.

Thank you again!

Wen