[Histonet] processing schedule

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Wed Oct 20 07:53:53 CDT 2004

You wouldn't think so if you took a look around my office.

"Rice, Michael" <Michael.Rice <@t> holy-cross.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/20/2004 07:40 AM

        To:     "renton louise mrs" <rentonlf <@t> bru.wits.ac.za>,
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: [Histonet] processing schedule

arent baboons an endangered species?

-----Original Message-----

From: renton louise mrs [mailto:rentonlf <@t> bru.wits.ac.za]

Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 7:41 AM

To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Subject: [Histonet] processing schedule

Hello,

could someone please advise me as to how to adjust a processing schedule
for  a "dip & dunk" processor to one in which heat and vacuum is an
option?

I am processing non decalcified baboon bone - specifically  full thickness
jaw (no teeth, thank goodness) and skull?

The thickness obviously varies from 0.5 - 1cm and the area  is about 2cm
square. In the didp & dunk we generally left the specimen for 24hrs per
beaker, but I am sure these times could be reduced.

Thank you in advance &  best regards

Louise Renton

Bone Research Unit

University of the Witwatersrand

Johannesburg

South Africa

.......so what IS the speed of dark?

contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original.