[Histonet] processing schedule

renton louise mrs rentonlf <@t> bru.wits.ac.za
Wed Oct 20 06:41:02 CDT 2004

Hello,

could someone please advise me as to how to adjust a processing schedule for  a "dip & dunk" processor to one in which heat and vacuum is an option?

I am processing non decalcified baboon bone - specifically  full thickness jaw (no teeth, thank goodness) and skull?
The thickness obviously varies from 0.5 - 1cm and the area  is about 2cm square. In the didp & dunk we generally left the specimen for 24hrs per beaker, but I am sure these times could be reduced.

Thank you in advance &  best regards
Louise Renton
Bone Research Unit
University of the Witwatersrand