[Histonet] Smears

Baowei Peng pengbw <@t> sjtu.edu.cn
Fri Oct 8 02:44:46 CDT 2004

Dear all histoneters,

Are there anyone can help me out of the smears staining problem.
I\'m doing lymphocyte smears staining these days as following:
smears were made from lymphocyte which were in 1640. After air dry, smears were dip into methanol for several times and were stained in Giemsa satin to indetify macrophages. The result shows that almost holf of the cells in the smears have broken and leak out their cytosol and nucleus contents.
What I have done wrong and what can I prevent the cells from broken?
Yours sincerely,

Baowei Peng
Pharmacy School
Shanghai Jiaotong University