[Histonet] anhydrous EtOH clarification.

jason m kosmicdog <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Oct 7 20:45:03 CDT 2004

For laser capture the EtOH must remain 100% dry. Using a bottle of regular
anhydrous EtOH after it has been opened once or twice sometimes has absorbed
enough moisture from the air to cause interferance with the LCM film and
negatively affect the capture.

I know that arcturus sells EtOH which has small beads mopping up any
moisture contaimination. I just don't want to keep buying a whole 'kit' just
for 500ml's of 100% EtOH. The kit is certified RNase free and works very
well but not econimal for our purposes. The only other source i found for
this type of material no longer ships to Canada.

Hopefully that clears things up a little bit. As for those who wrote to me
explaining that 'all' EtOH is anhydrous, please excuse me for assuming that
you were familiar with problems facing laser capture as I am sure you would
have better understood the nature of my problem.

Thanks again for all the help. I have learned a lot from histonet over the
last year, it is an excellent resource.
aurevoir,
jason.

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.