[Histonet] Cassette Label System

Victor Tobias victor <@t> pathology.washington.edu
Wed Oct 6 17:34:26 CDT 2004

We have 2 ThermoShandon microwriter cassette labelers and knock on wood,
have not had any downtime. One is 3 years old and the other 18 months.
We average 300 + cassettes daily. We are upgrading our labelers so that
we can print barcodes. Our labelers are also integrated with our LIS,
PowerPath by IMPAC. As soon as the case is accessioned and block orders
are placed, upon saving the cassettes are automatically printed and
color coded.

Victor

--
Victor Tobias