[Histonet] Eye Protection Question

Bartlett, Jeanine JQB7 <@t> CDC.GOV
Wed Oct 6 17:22:05 CDT 2004

We flush ours weekly as well.  We cover them with a small plastic garbage bag and let them run a minimum of 10 minutes.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Darren James
	Sent: Wed 10/6/2004 3:58 PM
	To: 'Joe Nocito'; Histonet (E-mail)
	Subject: RE: [Histonet] Eye Protection Question

	Hi,
	I agree totally with Joe's point about flushing your eyewash stations
	regularly. These are often forgotten about and can become incredibly
	contaminated over a very short period. We had micro prepare some plates on
	the water in the eyewash stations and there were some fairly pathogenic
	species present.

	Darren James