[Histonet] Passing the HT exam

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Mon Oct 4 17:10:53 CDT 2004

Points are awarded for correct responses.  The value of each question is
based upon the level of difficulty.  The more difficult the question, the
more points awarded.  While you are not penalized for answering a question
incorrectly, you are not accumulating points.  You must achieve a score of
400 or greater to pass.  There are 100 questions.  10-25% of the questions
will relate to fixation.  10-14% will relate to processing and embedding.
10-14% will relate to microtomy.  40-50% will relate to staining.  10-15%
will relate to laboratory operations (safety, instrumentation, lab math,
regulations)
Jennifer MacDonald

Shrttmprd <@t> aol.com
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/04/2004 02:37 PM

histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
[Histonet] Passing the HT exam

I am accepting any and all advice to pass the HT exam.  I have "The Theory

and Practice od Histotechnology" book by Sheehan and Hrapchak.  Is  it
true
that whatever questions you don't answer on the exam WILL NOT be counted
against
you because somenone told me just to answer the questions I know.
PLEASE HELP.

Thank you,

Melissa