[Histonet] cell markers for mouse kidney cells?

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Nov 29 12:10:42 CST 2004

Hi Sharon:

    Kidney histology is not that difficult so I don't know why
identifying cells should be a problem. Mouse kidney does not look all
that different from human kidney. Are we talking about tubules in the
cortex or the medulla, blood vessels, glomeruli or interstitial tissue?
Someone else suggested comparing an adjacent H&E section to the IHC
section, that seems like the first place to start.
    If you go to your library and get a copy of "The Kidney" by Brenner
and Rector it has a big chapter on kidney anatomy in vol. 1. Also, the
"Handbook of Physiology" has a chapter on kidney anatomy. I did my
dissertation on kidney and I teach histology so if you will send me a
jpeg image I will see if I can figure it out.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.