[Histonet] NALT fixation, decalcification and staining.

Bruijntjes, J.P. bruyntjes <@t> voeding.tno.nl
Thu Nov 11 05:23:32 CST 2004

Linday

Ad far as I know it will not be possible to use CD4 on fixed tissues. We
have worked some time on NALT too. W have removed the NALT from the
nasal cavity and prepared cryosections.

Joost Bruijntjes

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Namens Lindsay Hall
Verzonden: donderdag 11 november 2004 11:01
Aan: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Onderwerp: [Histonet] NALT fixation, decalcification and staining.

Hi,

I want to look for mouse cell antigens in the NALT from decalcified
mouse heads, I know most antibodies to mouse cell surface markers do not
work in FFPE tissues. Any suggestions on how to fix the mouse heads and
decalcify and still be able to stain for CD4, CD8 etc...?

How about Zinc fixation with EDTA decalcification - or will the Zn ions
be chelated?

Cheers

Lindsay