[Histonet] sample preparation/analysis to observe gas bubbles

Instrumedics info <@t> instrumedics.com
Tue Nov 2 11:46:42 CST 2004

Wayne,
You may interested in Gentle Jane (GJ) snap freezing. The details can be
found on our web site www.instrumedics.com .Click on snap-freezing on the
home page or the link on the bottom of each page.
You will find the steps in the GJ process with photos.
The method not only freezes the tissue at -196 Celsius with a heat extractor
that has been stored in liquid nitrogen. The heat extractor is 3/4lb, highly
polished chrome plated brass, a good conductor. Both low temperature and
thermal exchange are important for small ice crystal growth.

Bernice
Instrumedics

Bernice