[Histonet] sample preparation/analysis to observe gas bubbles

Wayne Kreider wkreider <@t> u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 1 14:50:45 CST 2004

We're exploring a treatment in which small short-lived (perhaps on the
order of seconds) gas bubbles may be generated in tissue.  To this end,
we're interested in learning the 'instantaneous' state of the tissue
immediately after treatment with regard to the presence of any bubbles.
Currently, our experiments utilize rabbit muscle.  Are there any known
histological sample preparation/analysis procedures that have been used
to preserve/observe resident gas bubbles?  We have considered a flash
freezing followed by staining and/or electron microscopy.  However, our
expertise is not in histology, so we'd very much appreciate any
suggestions and/or details regarding possible sample preparation.  Thanks.
Wayne
--

/Wayne Kreider/

/University of Washington/