[Histonet] Good cryosections of rat retina?

Gareth Davis mrsgbd2001 <@t> yahoo.com
Tue May 25 16:10:04 CDT 2004

Hello all,
This week I am trying to get good cryosections of rat eyes.  We are mostly interested in the retinas.  The eyes I have were from animals perfused with 4% Paraformaldehyde, eyes were post-fixed with same, then cryopreserved.  Eyes were placed in OCT for cutting.  The eyes were not cut in half before placing in OCT.  I am having a little trouble getting good sections.
I would just like to get some ideals of how others prepare animal eyes for sectioning.
Thanks,
Gareth Davis
Research Assistant
Tennessee State University