[Histonet] BCL6 w/o EDTA

amosbrooks <@t> earthlink.net amosbrooks <@t> earthlink.net
Mon May 24 09:16:08 CDT 2004

Hi,
    If this helps, we use DAKO Hi pH retrieval solution in a steamer for 20 min. We use Envision for a detection kit as the Hi pH retrieval solution yeilds a lot of biotin staining. We use Novocastra primary ab at 1:5. Our results are good and if you use a really good charged slide and dry the sections well before staining the morphology is fine.
good luck,
Amos Brooks

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:46:27 -0400
From: Browning Deb <browning <@t> HHSC.CA>
Subject: [Histonet] BCL6, EDTA buffer
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'"

Good afternoon:  As much as I dislike EDTA buffer due to the poor morphology
(especially if not properly fixed) that it renders, I have not had much
success with BCL6 staining with any other buffers.  I would appreciate any
information on how to improve the morphology of the tissue, the use of other
buffers, or any success stories, since I just can't seem to pull the rabbit
out of the hat here.  Thank you.