[Histonet] Re: chicken in situ hybridization

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Mon May 24 08:40:16 CDT 2004

Qiaolin,

Are you using proteinase K enzyme digestion in your protocol?  You may
not need it on very young chick embryo cryosections.  We've found that
we don't need it most times on E2 whole mount ISH.

Teri Johnson
Managing Director Histology Facility
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E. 50th St.
Kansas City, Missouri  64110
tjj <@t> stowers-institute.org

Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:17:41 +0000
From: "dengqiaolin deng" <qiaolin_deng78 <@t> hotmail.com>
Subject: [Histonet] chicken in situ hybridization
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

   Dear histonetter:

           Is  there anyone having done in situ hybridization for
chicken
   cryosection?  One kind of problems I have met is that the structure
is
   easy  to  be crashed and disattached from the slide although I am
very
   careful  with  every  washing  steps.  But  for the mouse
cryosection,
   everything  is  fine.  Is there any improvement that I can do to
avoid
   it?
         Thank you for any suugestions in advance.

   Qiaolin Deng