[Histonet] Embedding

Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri May 21 09:11:12 CDT 2004

I worked in a derm lab for a few years, and it seemed best to embed the
skins on a slight angle to the mold, so that when you cut through the soft
tissue first, your knife wasn't hitting a straight line of (sometimes)
hard epidermis.  Also, if you cut through the epidermis first, there is a
tendency to damage the knife edge, or drag hard particles through the soft
tissue,  creating scratch artifacts in your section.
Jackie O'

FreidaC <@t> aol.com
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
05/21/2004 08:46 AM