[Histonet] Safety regs/Pathologists

Gladney, Diane C Ms MACH Diane.Gladney <@t> se.amedd.army.mil
Thu May 13 08:57:59 CDT 2004

If you are a CAP Inspected lab, there is a requirement that all staff (even
contract staff) are required to follow proper safety
regulations/requirements. I'm sure that your hospital must have some safety
regulations in place, also. If we do not follow the safety procedures, we
are subject to dismissal. I strongly suggest that your lab manager get
involved in this and get guidance from the hospital safety officer (or
appropriate title). I'm sure that there are OSHA regulations also. I work in
a military hospital so we have a lot of safety rules that are imposed on us
by the Army, but I would think that any hospital would have mandatory safety
procedures/rules in place and if they are not followed, then the individual
is subject to discipline and/or dismissal.

Thanks,
Diane

Diane C. Gladney, HT (ASCP)
Histology /Cytology Supervisor