[Histonet] double staining for nerve fibers and endothelial cells on skin samples

rocan <@t> mac.com rocan <@t> mac.com
Tue May 11 00:50:28 CDT 2004

Cao,
Au Contraire.  The CD31 (MEC 13.3 rat anti-mouse), staining is much,
much better the thicker your sections are.  Check out the publications
from D.M. McDonald from UCSF, he has the absolute best microvessel
stainings ever published.  If you read the fine print of some of his
more recent publications you will find two very important clues: 1)
thick sections 40 to 100 um; 2) Long incubations at room temperature.
It seems to me you are in luck!  Go ahead with your thick sections, you
will see blood vessel histochem like you've never seen before.  It
works like a charm.
Let me know how it goes,
Rocio