[Histonet] "disclosure", -secureline- acetyl cholinesterase- musc/kid bx

JColCLEFA <@t> aol.com JColCLEFA <@t> aol.com
Mon May 10 13:59:32 CDT 2004

Solutions for antigen "disclosure"- mostly Citra @ 98C for 25min from
Biogenex, Trilogy @ 98C for 15 min from Cellmarque (beware of tissue "digestion" from
the high surfactant content) and Target retrieval from Dako but only for
CD21- all these are dependent on which antibodies you plan to use.

we had issues with certain lot numbers of securline pens- usually they are OK
but every so often we had a bunch of cassettes or slides lose the writing-
now we test the lots before they are put into use- if they don't work we get
credit from the vendor.

I've had tissues lose antigenicity because of multiple melt downs, but
usually after more than three or four times, and probably at temps way too high

We do Acetyl cholinesterase stain for aganglionosis, but I make all the
reagents myself, I don't use a kit ( yes I'm old school all right- I have a herd of
goats, rabbits and mice for my antibodies also-) (kidding)- e mail me
directly and I'll send info on reagents, vendors and a no-fail 20 minute
procedure-Jcolclefa <@t> aol.com

Muscles- we are a reference lab for muscle and renal biopsies,- send me your
info and I will forward it to my accounts rep and see what we can do for you.
jpcolema <@t> sentara.com

as always, questions? e-me at either my work or personal Emails. Call if you
like 757-335-2159