[Histonet] Mouse pancreas

Grant, Debra DRG <@t> Stowers-Institute.org
Wed Mar 31 13:51:11 CST 2004

Hi Histonetters,

I am looking for a good tissue processing schedule for mouse pancreas. I
am currently using the following schedule and having trouble with
sectioning the pancreas, the H&E's look cracked and parched as if my
water bath is too hot. The temperature on my water bath is 42-43 degrees
Celsius, I have a thermometer also that I check the temp with. I use
Tissue Prep paraffin for infiltration and embedding.

Fixed by the researcher in 4% PFA 24 hours rinsed in distilled water 5'
x 3.

70% Alcohol- 30 min.
Prosoft- 1 hour
Prosoft- 1 hour