[Histonet] H2O2 on CD markers

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Mar 29 09:40:49 CST 2004

<E1B7I6G-00031X-Pp <@t> swlx162.swmed.edu>

>Amos,
>
>Are you working with human or mouse tissues?  Murine CD4 and CD8 is a
total failure with formalin fixed paraffin tissues, and no retrieval or
digestion recovers these antigens. They do work, however with zinc TRIS
buffer fixation where no retrieval is needed, but endogenous peroxidase
cannot be successfully/totally blocked with this fixation.  Alkaline
phosphatase methods work well with ZnTRIS to avoid peroxidase blocking.
This is why we stay with frozen sections for murine CD4 and CD8.