Martha Ward Re: [Histonet] Autopsy Survey

Joyce Cline jcline <@t> wchsys.org
Wed Mar 17 13:04:51 CST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martha Ward" <mward <@t> wfubmc.edu>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:32 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Autopsy Survey

I am posting this brief survey at the request of my department manager.
Thank you in advance for your replies.

1.  How many Pathologists perform autopsies in your institution?  __5

2.  Does your institution perform Medical Examinar autopsies?     Y   N
volume___N__

3.  Does your institution perform hospital autopsies?  Y  N  volume___Y__

4.  What are your fees for a private autopsy?  $2,000_

5.  Does your hospital pay the Pathologist for performing hospital
cases?  N
     What is the fee?

6.  Does the Department of Pathology (professional) receive state
reimbursement for Medical
     Examinar cases?   N/A   What is the fee?   ______

7.  Does the Pathology Department reimburse the hospital for technical
fees (diener,     supplies, histology )   N   What is the fee?______

 If you have another scenario please explain.

You may reply to the histonet or to me privately.

Thanks,

Martha Ward
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center